Technical Marketing Specialist
Austin, Texas, USA — OSRAM SYLVANIA INC.
Create light to improve life
The Digital business unit bundles OSRAM's businesses that benefit most from the ongoing digitalization process. These range from electronic components and lighting systems to hardware and software for lighting management. Digital also includes entertainment applications covering stage, studio, and film set lighting.
Your new responsibilities
- Develop product installation guides, installation videos/photography and other user manuals by working with product marketing, engineering, sales and marketing communications.
- Conduct new product installations at customer trials. Collect feedback from field installations for engineering to improve the efficiencies of product installations by refining product features.
- Support new product market launches by working with engineering and supply chain to deliver new product demos and samples to sales team throughout new product introduction process.
- Provide product support for event management. Execute the product promotion plans for tradeshows and customer events by developing and setting up the product demonstrations, developing the product and application contents for display graphics and other event publications.
- Develop product and application demonstrations for company product showroom and update them regularly. Set up product and application demonstrations for sales and customer training sessions.
- Develop sales tools including case studies, product selection guides, and application notes.
- Serve as subject matter expert, provide timely response to request of information, answer product and application related questions from sales.
- Provide product and application trainings to sales, resellers and customers.
What we look for
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, or optical), or Marketing, or Business Management.
- 3+ years’ experience in technical marketing, technical sales, field application engineering, or product marketing for lighting or electrical/electronic products in a technology company. Broad and in-depth knowledge of lighting applications or building electrical systems is preferred.
- Hands-on, detail oriented and thorough. Technically practical and creative in spirit of problem solving.
- Ability to understand a technical product and clearly/ succinctly communicate its unique characteristics. Effective and excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Result oriented, assertive, self-sufficient, with strong abilities to manage the deliverables out of a cross-functional team timely.
- Strong skills in time management, multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing daily tasks
- Working knowledge and experience Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to take direction, work in a fast paced and at times “pressure- packed” environment. Strong ability to handle dynamic and challenging situations professionally.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (10-20%)
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by:
- sending an e-mail to HRServices@osram.com
- inform us regarding the nature of your request and
- provide your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
|Experience level:||Professional (> 3 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Shift:||Fixed working hours|
Our employer awards
Apply now and bring your career forward in a position that challenges you professionally and offers many extras.
You can find this job ad online at http://jobs.osram.com/en/technical-marketing-specialist-10005896-en-172/