Sr. Applications Engineering Manager
Austin, Texas, USA — OSRAM SYLVANIA INC.
Create light to improve life
The Digital business unit bundles OSRAM's businesses that benefit most from the ongoing digitalization process. These range from electronic components and lighting systems to hardware and software for lighting management. Digital also includes entertainment applications covering stage, studio, and film set lighting.
Your new responsibilities
- Increase revenue per square foot
- Reduce operating costs per pound of finished product
- Deliver consistent, high quality, year-round crop production
- Work directly with customers to answer technical questions, assist in design-in and qualification efforts, resolve performance or quality issues and act as a liaison between the factory and customer to drive issues to closure.
- Provide customer feedback to marketing and development teams regarding test methodology, quality expectations, and competitive information
- Define and author application notes and sales collateral for driver selection and design, product reliability and complimentary infrastructure components
- Develop training material and conduct technical seminars on site for key customers or to a broad audience
- Consult on data sheet creation
- Develop and manage applications lab resources for driver evaluation and testing
- Assist in developing customer ready evaluation/demo kits including design, development, sourcing, and deployment
- Work with driver ecosystem partners (module and IC) to determine the suitability of present products for use and to ensure optimal alignment of future product roadmaps.
- Engage with standards and regulatory bodies related to solid state lighting
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years experience as an Applications or Design Engineer, preferably in the LED, semiconductor applications or power supply industry. Management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to use electronic test equipment and knowledge of appropriate prototyping and testing techniques for power electronic systems
- Attention to detail and quality focused.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated project planning and management experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel worldwide as needed
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by:
- sending an e-mail to HRServices@osram.com
- inform us regarding the nature of your request and
- provide your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
|Experience level:||Professional (> 3 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Shift:||Fixed working hours|
Our employer awards
Apply now and bring your career forward in a position that challenges you professionally and offers many extras.
You can find this job ad online at http://jobs.osram.com/en/sr-applications-engineering-manager-10005614-en-172/