Austin, Texas, USA — OSRAM SYLVANIA INC.
Create light to improve life
The Digital business unit bundles OSRAM's businesses that benefit most from the ongoing digitalization process. These range from electronic components and lighting systems to hardware and software for lighting management. Digital also includes entertainment applications covering stage, studio, and film set lighting.
Your new responsibilities
- Provide returned material analysis for PIA lamps and fixtures. This process includes processing returns, database management, tracking and reporting.
- Incoming inspection of raw materials and manufactured items of or related to the manufacture of converter platelets at the Exeter site.
- Validation of certificates of conformance or certificates of analysis for incoming raw materials.
- Assessment of in-process manufactured materials and finished goods for compliance to specifications and standards.
- The design and manufacture of fixtures, jigs and the like for the purpose of evaluation, inspection or failure analysis of lamps and manufactured products.
- Support and design of statistical process control initiatives for the Converter Platelets Product Group.
- Assist with Design of Experiments efforts for determination of yield enhancement efforts or determination of cause of cause of failure or yield loss.
- Provide support for measurement Systems Analysis and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies.
What we look for
- Minimum of five years of related experience in engineering and/or quality support with a minimum of at least two years in a Quality support role.
- Associates degree in a technical or engineering discipline or 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in a quality support role preferred.
- Proficiency with writing and understanding technical procedures.
- Experience with mechanical design, AutoCADD, and/or Solidworks considered a plus.
- SAP and database experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple daily tasks
- Experience interacting with the customer base and with multiple groups within and outside of the Osram organization; both technical and non-technical.
- Six Sigma training and/or lean manufacturing experience considered a plus.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by:
- sending an e-mail to HRServices@osram.com
- inform us regarding the nature of your request and
- provide your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
|Experience level:||Professional (> 3 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Shift:||Fixed working hours|
Our employer awards
Apply now and bring your career forward in a position that challenges you professionally and offers many extras.
You can find this job ad online at http://jobs.osram.com/en/quality-technician-10005953-en-172/