Austin, Texas, USA — OSRAM SYLVANIA INC.
Create light to improve life
The Digital business unit bundles OSRAM's businesses that benefit most from the ongoing digitalization process. These range from electronic components and lighting systems to hardware and software for lighting management. Digital also includes entertainment applications covering stage, studio, and film set lighting.
Your new responsibilities
- Oversee the product process control measures, driving, advocating, implementing and tracking process control planning and lean methodology that carry benefit in both reliability and cost.
- Provide overall governance for quality management policies and procedures within NPI and production. Drive process risk management (PFMEA), design for manufacture (DFM) and helping the organization continually improve pilot run success rates.
- Lead the development of a diligent process control plan that is fully integrated in all relevant aspects of the manufacturing environment. Set targets for production capability, nurture, coach and develop skills and performance of the shop floor team.
- Organize and collect data from the manufacturing processes, developing systems and procedures to ensure continual productivity improvement.
- Champion high level 6S management.
- Support all relevant teams in understanding and preventing process control related customer complaints, coach the shop floor team and improve their effectiveness in the manufacturing process.
- Support NPI and production teams through ISO9001 and ISO14001 qualification and cultural acceptance of working according to the agreed process.
- Work closely with finance teams to secure investment in improved manufacturing capabilities, while at the same time continually reducing the overall costs of quality.
What we look for
- Lean production expert
- Proficient written and spoken English.
- Minimum 7-years of experience working in related technical, quality or operations field.
- Able to operate at all levels and interface with various departments.
- Mature industry experience (automotive, white goods, semi-conductor) considered an advantage.
- Must be process driven, self-disciplined and well organized.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by:
- sending an e-mail to HRServices@osram.com
- inform us regarding the nature of your request and
- provide your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
|Experience level:||Professional (> 3 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Shift:||Fixed working hours|
Our employer awards
Apply now and bring your career forward in a position that challenges you professionally and offers many extras.
You can find this job ad online at http://jobs.osram.com/en/quality-engineer-10005643-en-172/