Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Austin, Texas, USA — OSRAM SYLVANIA INC.
Create light to improve life
The Digital business unit bundles OSRAM's businesses that benefit most from the ongoing digitalization process. These range from electronic components and lighting systems to hardware and software for lighting management. Digital also includes entertainment applications covering stage, studio, and film set lighting.
Your new responsibilities
- Assist in designing, building and sustaining of manufacturing cells and workbenches with automation in mind
- Lead in designing, building and sustaining electrical elements and controls of manufacturing equipment
- Assist in designing, building and sustaining production test equipment
- Initiating opportunities for automation of manufacturing equipment to reduce waste and increase efficiencie
- Conduct equipment design reviews and provide design guidance to team and suppliers.
- Provide on-site support during machine build, debug and testing/qualification.
- Supervise installation and testing to verify requirements and specifications are met.
- Develop qualification protocols and support production and test equipment qualification activities
- Visionary in the field of automation. Know when to deploy and when not to deploy automation
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 6+ years related experience in a technology based industry, where a mix of automated and manual assembly techniques is utilized.
- Knowledge of automation systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, ASRS, Conveyors, PLC, screws/fasteners, HMI, Pick-Place-Pack, Inspection/Test (Structural and Non-Contact e.g. Laser), Application of lasers e.g. Etching/Marking, Dispense process, Machining, Mechanicals (Soft Tooling, Hard tooling, Plastics, etc.)
- Knowledge of Layout, Tooling/Fixturing, Demand Flow, Cell Concept and Lean Manufacturing and Simulation tools
- Knowledge and experience in developing, validating and implementing test equipment in high volume/high mix production environments
- GUI development is a plus
- An innovator, builder and tinkerer
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess a curious mind and a drive to succeed
- Strong ability to converge problems and build consensus across the organization
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement philosophies such as Lean, SixSigma
- Proven trouble shooting skills with electro-mechanical systems.
- Firsthand experience creating and performing PMs on equipment.
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing and assembly processes with a focus on equipment up-time and throughput.
- Skilled in HW and SW integration and troubleshooting to interface between measurement instruments and database collection.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and task-oriented skills
- Capable of working in a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a variety of technical problems, individually and as a member of a team.
- Willing to work a shifted schedule to accommodate off shift operations, as needed.
- 3D CAD modeling software (like SolidWorks) and CNC experience desired but not required.
- Programming background in languages such as SQL required
- Ability to read and create electrical schematics on equipment designed and constructed
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by:
- sending an e-mail to HRServices@osram.com
- inform us regarding the nature of your request and
- provide your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
|Experience level:||Professional (> 3 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Shift:||Fixed working hours|
Our employer awards
Apply now and bring your career forward in a position that challenges you professionally and offers many extras.
You can find this job ad online at http://jobs.osram.com/en/manufacturing-automation-engineer-10005928-en-172/