Director of Cultivation
Austin, Texas, USA — OSRAM SYLVANIA INC.
Create light to improve life
The Digital business unit bundles OSRAM's businesses that benefit most from the ongoing digitalization process. These range from electronic components and lighting systems to hardware and software for lighting management. Digital also includes entertainment applications covering stage, studio, and film set lighting.
Your new responsibilities
- Become established as a subject-matter expert through self-study and internal training surrounding cultivation, with an emphasis on formal scientific data (peer-reviewed and repeatable), in order to provide clear information to clients.
- Manage Cultivation Support Specialists
- Foster relationships with customers and effectively communicate and distill complex lighting science issues and technical questions to a layperson’s understanding.
- Document field data and findings in an organized manner as you create Common Best Practices for cultivation support
- Work as part of a team to support our growing sales force and gather the appropriate information prior to meeting with customers on site.
- Provide written summary of professional feedback on cultivation recommendations following all customer site visits and as needed.
- While in the office and as part of working with the HSS team:
- Work with the marketing team on outbound marketing and sales strategies.
- Share a passion and enthusiasm for the subject matter with clients.
- Accept and complete various other sales-related projects as assigned and on time
- Meet internally mandated metrics and KPIs for sales, service and training goals
What we look for
- Three years of direct horticulture industry experience.
- Three years of sales experience
- Intrinsically motivated. The chosen candidate natively understands what needs to get done, and does it without being told.
- Digital and tech savvy. Must be fluent in today’s digital media platforms and eager to try new technology and tools to improve customer interactions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Business acumen to natively understand the goals of both the customer and Fluence
- Ability to confidently lead and facilitate complex conversations across multiple functions, markets and customer bases.
- Strong influencing skills to verbal, written and presentation form with compelling insights that lead peers and partners to action in a fast, start-up environment
- Masters or PHD in Horticulture Science, Biology, Business or related degree
- Experience in plant research or technical sales support role
- Position is located in Austin, TX. 50% travel will be required. Please anticipate extended work hours. This is a high-energy, high-growth, critical role within a dynamic company within an explosive industry.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by:
- sending an e-mail to HRServices@osram.com
- inform us regarding the nature of your request and
- provide your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
|Experience level:||Professional (> 3 Years)|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
|Shift:||Fixed working hours|
Our employer awards
Apply now and bring your career forward in a position that challenges you professionally and offers many extras.
You can find this job ad online at http://jobs.osram.com/en/director-of-cultivation-10005927-en-172/